Making a New Start in Life...
Several folks have written lately asking about how they can "begin again" and "have a new start in life." So, I wanted to take a moment to share with you the plan that saved my life and changed my future. It begins simple enough...
God, through Jesus Christ, has offered forgiveness for our mistakes and a new start for our lives...
How do you change your life?
1. Recognize that no matter how smart, good, strong, bad, sinful, religious, non-religious, agreeable, angry or doubtful you have been, you just can't do this journey on your own. The road is too long and too complicated. And, you can't make the ache go away by yourself.
2. Ask Christ to change your life by living in your heart, by transforming your mind and changing the way you view Him and others. Ask him to take the baggage of your mistakes and brokenness and give you freedom and peace.
3. Commit yourself to trust in Him first by studying His Word, Praying daily, and by living like Him in the world. This not only affects how you connect to God, but it will change how you connect to your brothers and sisters in Christ and to the world.
4. Do Life with Others by joining a community of faith and by committing yourself to a life of serving others through Him. Remember, it is not about YOU anymore. We are not enough, but He is.
5. Share your gifts for God's work in the world. No, we're not talking about your money, here. We're talking about YOU-- all of YOU. It is not enough to simply Love Jesus... We must Love Like Jesus.
Now, all of this begins with a simple prayer. There is no right or wrong way to pray it. I could give you suggestions, but you don't need to pray using any words but your own. God wants to hear from YOU. Just start talking to Him. He has heard it all before!
I love you. But, more importantly, God loves you. You matter to Him.